Freshmen and New Student Building Orientation - Friday, August 30, 2019
On August 30, 2019, WAHS will host a Freshmen and New Student Building Orientation. It is our hope that this day will give students a head start on the school year by providing time to become acquainted with the high school building, their schedule, and their locker assignment.
Students accompanied by an adult, may tour the building, try out lockers, and meet with representatives from the school between the hours of 12:00 noon through 3:00 pm.
Students whose last names begin with the letter A-M will enter the building through the auditorium doors (the parking lot near Atlantic Avenue). Students whose last names begin with N-Z will enter through the gymnasium doors (the parking lot near the stadium). Student schedules, building maps and tour guides will be available, or you are welcome to take a self-guided tour of the school.
I look forward to meeting you and answering any questions you may have about the high school as we prepare for an exciting year.
Student Ambassadors Wanted
We are looking for enthusiastic, reliable, and personable students to apply for the Wallenpaupack Ambassador Program. This program will provide opportunities for you to develop social, communication, and leadership skills. Ambassadors will learn how to welcome guests, lead building tours, escort visitors, and present our school to the public. After you complete the application, you will be interviewed by the committee. If you are selected, you will attend and participate in leadership, service and public speaking training sessions so that you may positively represent your school.
The deadline for submitting your application is Friday, September 27, 2019. Please include both pages. Applications must be typed and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Mrs. Edwards in the HS Main Office.
5th Annual Women in STEM Symposium
Tuesday, September 17, 2019 - 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
Heritage Nightclub at Woodloch Resort
Hosted by Lacawac Sanctuary and Workforce Alliance
This unique forum showcases the professional and life experiences of distinguished female STEM and environmental leaders. Through stimulating conversations and active engagement with STEM professionals, this Women in STEM Symposium encourages attendees to pursue careers, exchange ideas and make lasting connections.
The agenda for the event is available here.
2019-2020 Reading Lists for Returning Students
The English Department's Reading Lists for the 2019-2020 school year are now available for 9th through 12th graders. Be sure to check your requirements.
Attention Seniors! Career Opportunity with Allied Services
To see how Allied Services can help start your healthcare career, please read this document.
Employment Opportunity - 18 and Older
- Individuals can apply online at 2020census.gov/jobs and will have the option to take the supervisory exam.
- Pay rate for Pike and Wayne Counties is $16.00 an hour while working and $14.50 an hour during training for address canvassers and enumerators.
- Pay rate for Census Field Supervisors is $17.50 an hour for Pike and Wayne Counties while working and $16.00 an hour during training.
- 58 cents per mile gas reimbursement while working.
- Job opportunities will be available from Summer 2019 to Summer 2020.
- Address canvassers and enumerators are part time, temporary with flexible hours.
- Census Field Supervisors are full time temporary.
- All jobs are project work so hours for work opportunities can increase or decrease based on operation that's occurring.
- Address Canvassers Job Description: verify addresses in local community and check for discrepancies from 2010 census address list.
- Enumerators Job Description: Ask questions to members of the community from the 2020 Census Questionnaire (this job is more door to door work except during group enumeration like senior living facilities, for example).
- Census Field Supervisors job description: Supervises and Trains the address canvassers and enumerators.
- Weekly pay
- 18 years or older to work but can apply at 17 years old. When the individual turns 18 the application will be transferred over to be eligible to work.
- Any questions? Please call 1‑855‑562‑2020.
Kids Food Pantry Available in High School
I proudly announce our "Kids Food Pantry" here in our high school.
Kids Pantry began last November with the idea that we could make the holidays a little special for our students in need. We are still going strong thanks to the extraordinary generosity of private individuals, our amazing staff and teachers, students, our community churches and businesses.
Your donations are always welcome to keep this much needed pantry going.
Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com or at (570) 226-4557 x5242.
The Kids and I Thank You,
Rosemary Musoleno Martynuk
Local News Coverage:
Dress Code InformationThe Wallenpaupack Area School District has revised the dress code for the High School and Middle School. Students and parents should become familiar with the guidelines before shopping for school clothes. The guidelines can be found here.
Working PapersClick on the Student Information link and follow the instructions for obtaining the Application for Working Papers.
To report a student absent, between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m.
Please include: your name, student's name, date and reason for absence. If you have children in more than one building, each building must be contacted.
For more information, please see the Parent/Student Handbook.
Accessing Athletic Schedules & District Events
Please Note: Schedulestar.com has shown incompatibilities with Internet Explorer 8 (the last version available to Windows XP). It is recommended that you use a newer version of Internet Explorer (for Windows 7 and above) or Firefox or Google Chrome to access this site.
Please use schedulestar.com to access all schedules. Instructions for navigating schedulstar.com can be found here. Instructions for registering on ScheduleStar and receiving alerts when schedules change can be found here.